|best of #12872986
||[Jan. 15th, 2012|12:07 pm]
World Wide Punk
well, i figure this would get people talking. so, here goes:|
list, what you regard to be, the best of in the following genres:
2) hardcore (is reserved its own catagory)
4) song of the moment
4) most "rocking" song ever
Mine are below!
1) Punk: The Dead Boys "Sonic Reducer"
2) Hardcore: Negative Approach "Nothing"
4) Favo(u)rite Current: The Spits "Fallout Beach." If you have yet to check out their new ablums "Kill the Kool" (sold out, but easily found) or Spits V, then definitely check it out! I linked it below so you can hear the Spits and their awesomeness.
5) Best Song of All Time: Iggy Pop and the Stooges "Search and Destroy"
I firmly hold that no one can context "Search and Destroy." YOUR TURN
Recently, life hasn't felt like a shit sandwich that I am to only take a single bite. It feels more like a compulsory shit-sandwich buffet. Oh, well. That's nothing new to me, or anyone else here for that matter. My boss asked me if I would willing work in Beijing or Taipei for awhile, and if the offer is serious, I think I'm gonna get the fuck out of this country for awhile before I head off to PhD (I couldn't get the scratch together to apply this year, which really bummed me out).
I currently teach writing and grammar to children, and I really enjoy working with the children. For some reason they think as soon as class ends I am no longer their teacher, but a moving jungle gym. I should stop doing curls with a kid hanging off my arm. I'm guessing it only encourages them. Anyway, the pay isn't great, but I do like the kids a lot. I gotta hit up some of my connections and see if I can get a cushy researcher job with some foundation or something.
Welcome to 2012 WWP. The end is very fucking nigh!